Vacuum feed Gas Chlorinators
- Designed to provide continuous and constant quantity of chlorine solution.
- Capacity ranges from 100 Gms/hr to 250 Kgs/hr of chlorine.
- Comes in both Automatic [Self-Proportioning] and Manual Adjusted Design
- Comes in Wall Mounted, Frame Mounted and Floor/Pedestal Mounted Cabinet Models.
- Also comes in Cylinder or Tonner Mounted Models of Three or Two Piece Integrated Construction.
- Simple Design, Easy to Operate and Efficient Performance.
- Compact, Reliable and Completely Safe.
Principle of Operation
Motive Water ( water at high pressure) passes through the injector to produce vacuum. This vacuum extends upto Automatic Vacuum Regulator (AVR). The chlorine gas supplied [from Tonners / Cylinders or Chlorine Evaporators] under pressure is reduced to a lower pressure by Pressure Reducing Valve [PRV] and to a constant vacuum at the AVR. The gas under vacuum passes through a Gas Flowmeter or Rotameter and Flow Control Valve [FCV].
A Differential Pressure Regulator [DPR] is provided for Chlorinators above 6 Kgs/ hr capacity, to control the pressure drop across the Flow meter and also to ensure accurate and steady flow of gas. The chlorine gas then gets mixed with the water at the injector and is then discharged to the point of application. Safety Valves like Check Valve, Emergency Drain Valve, Pressure Relief Valve and Vacuum Relief Valve are provided in this System to make it safe for both Operating Personnel and Equipment’s longevity.
Automatic Vacuum Regulator
- Nor mally closed and opens only when there is vacuum, thus regulating the flow of chlorine gas in a controlled manner.
- Exclusive design ensures minimal risk of handling chlorine gas under pressure.
- Indicates directly the flow of Chlorine gas in ter ms of Grams/ Kilograms/ Pounds consumed per hour.
- Made of Borosilicate glass and calibrated for 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 75, 90, 110,150, 200, 250 kgs/hr.
- Accuracy is ± 4% of indicated flow.
- Flow can be adjusted by a specially designed Flow Control Valve allied with the Flow meter.
- The system is provided with Pressure Relief Valve, Vacuum Relief Valve, Check Valve and Emergency Drain Relief Valve.
- Ensures safety at all critical moments to both Men and Machinery.
- Comes in Fixed-throat and Variable-throat types.
- Variable orifices can be provided along with throttle valve for capacities above 50 Kgs/hr thereby reducing water consumption to a minimum.
- Made of PVC-FRP/ Cast Iron Rubber Lined/ Mild Steel Rubberlined.
STANDARD ITEMS OF SUPPLY
The above items are standard for Wall Mounted / Frame Mounted and Floor Mounted Manual Vacuum Feed Gas Chlorinators. Supply of Chlorinator and Accessories shall vary based on specific needs of the Clients (Model, Type, Capacity, levels of automation etc.). Evaporators have to be used for Chlorinator capacities of above 50 Kgs/Hr. Heaters can be connected to vacuum regulators to ensure adequate flow and prevent reliquification in areas where ambient temperature is very low.